Sunday, July 8, 2012

U.S.A. visit...2nd stop...San Diego, CA



"California here I come....right back where I started from...."
This song...often goes through my head as I approach landing into San Diego, California!
I was born and raised in the San Diego area...and have flown into its airport many many times over the past 30+ years!
Love....love....love this beautiful site!


 I was in San Diego for 11 days....a time for connecting with family...enjoying cool breezes and sunshine ...and doing a little shopping.

I was born in the city of Chula Vista...I was raised here...went to school....to church...and when I come home to San Diego...this is where I really come home to. 
My mom still lives in the home we moved into when I was just 4 years old... my mom has lived here for over 50 years! 


I love visiting the San Diego Temple when I am in San Diego....
The grounds are beautiful...this year....landscaped in beautiful pinks, reds, whites and yellows! 
Loved visiting here with my mom....
and with my sister Rebecca!
I enjoyed time with cousins...
Here is my cousin....Kathy Rolf Becker....she is a collector of Polish pottery....so I had to bring her a piece from Poland! I loved sharing with her and she enjoyed getting a new piece of pottery!
Eating with my cousins Terry and Kathy! 
I love cousin connections!

I spent time with my sister Rebecca in her home, along with her five wonderful grandchildren! 
My brother-in-law celebrated his 60th birthday on Father's Day...so it was a fun day to gather as a family.


Now while I was in San Diego...I was  remembering some special anniversaries....on June 10th...Mark and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary of arriving in Poland together!
Mark had been in Warsaw since February...but June 10th was an important anniversary of being in Warsaw together! What a quick year it has been!


June 14th was the anniversary of my dad's birth....he would have been 77 years old!
I only remember my dad as a 41 year old father....this is the age when he
was in his motorcycle accident and passed away.

My dad and I at a Father/Daughter celebration --- spring 1974

I enjoy going to the cemetery and placing flowers near my dad's grave.


June 14th is also my wedding anniversary! Mark and I were married ..June 14, 1980!

We were so young....June 1980...


We are still young....April 2012...married for 32 years!
Though Mark and I were apart on these special occasions...we were grateful for wonderful memories.

I had a wonderful visit in San Diego...the time with family was cherished....but this visit came to an end...and it was time to reconnect with Melissa once again.

So....good bye San Diego....
and hello Melissa and Washington D.C.!






















No comments:

Post a Comment