Thursday, July 5, 2012

Jackie's visit to the U.S.A....1st stop...Houston, TX

My month long trip to the US would give me an opportunity to make connections with friends and family and also give Mark the chance to work his long hours without feeling guilty with me at home.  It was great for both of us...though we missed being together.  We were grateful for daily connections though our time difference was anywhere between 6 and 9 hours a part. 


Flying from Warsaw, Poland....to Frankfurt, Germany, and then to Houston, Texas!
Hello....Houston, Texas!
There is a familiar sight from the sky!

I traveled to the US with Jamie and Caroline and then stayed in Houston for two weeks.  I spent my time visiting friends, going to numerous doctor appointments and making US purchases to bring back home in Poland.


While living with Mark in Poland, I am very happy. We are really both happy here! We enjoy our home, and the people we have met. We have enjoyed learning about Poland,  its history and culture. We enjoy the change of seasons, the food, and our lives here. We have not been homesick...though we do miss family and friends.

While visiting in Houston this time, I noticed I appreciated so many more simple things that had always been a part of my life before. I felt gratitude for so many things I was experiencing...the language, the food, going into stores and finding what I wanted with ease... and making purchases. I realized there were things in Houston I missed and enjoyed. 

Mostly....I cherished the time with my special friends. I captured a few pictures of friends I visited.  I only wish I had my camera with me each time I was with a  friend.
Geraldine and Lynn....special teachers I worked with for many years at McRoberts Elementary in the Katy School District.  When we shared lunch together...then visited...it was as if I had never left. It felt so good to be together again.
Here I am with our family hairdresser...Sheri. She is wonderful ! I always make sure to come for a visit  (and  a haircut/highlight) when I am in Houston.
One of my favorite places to visit in Houston is the Houston Texas Temple.  I was able to attend twice...once with special friends and another time with Jamie and Caroline.
Though warm and humid outside, the grounds of the temple are always beautiful with colorful flowers.  I absolutely love going to the temple with my children!
Caroline and Jamie...I cherish this young couple!
Here I am with my dear friend Gayla. I can't say "thank you" enough to Mike and Gayla for letting me stay with them while I was in Houston.  I loved our morning walks, shopping, errands, and especially having a special friend close by!  I cherished our visits...sharing, listening, and eating together! 
I left Houston with tears...but so grateful for wonderful friends!
I celebrate my birthday in June along with my good friend Pat. For a number of years we have come together for lunch to celebrate our birthdays in June. Pat has usually left work and has been able to join me somewhere along with other friends....I love these wonderful women....I cherish these women!
Special friends....Pat, Gayla and Gwen....thank you for our June birthday lunch...once again!
Mark rented a SUV for me while in Houston. Though I thought this car would be way too big for me....I easily learned to enjoy it.  In fact...I ended up really liking this car! Everything was great other than the cost of filling it up with gasoline!
Here I am with our wonderful friends Brian and Diana.  (Brian and Mike, who I mentioned above, are brothers.)  I was able to visit with them a few times...but not as much as I had hoped.  Our families have spent many days together over our 30 years in Houston...we are "family" to each other...we are so grateful for each of them!

Thank you, Brian and Diana, for letting me spend my last night in Texas in your beautiful home and with your family.  The Saturday morning breakfast was fabulous...and I left Texas with a full stomach and a grateful heart!
Saturday morning, before I flew to California.....Jennifer,  Danny and Baby Declan...also with Jamie and Caroline.

I was in Houston for two weeks, but did not spend much time with Jamie and Caroline. They needed to get back to their normal routines...work and school...but I was grateful for any time that I could be with them also.  I never tire of connections with my children...Melissa.....Jamie....and Caroline!


I have had a wonderful visit in Houston...part of my heart will always be here in Texas...after all, 30 years of my life and marriage have been in this great state!

So...goodbye Houston, Texas!


























No comments:

Post a Comment