Friday, July 13, 2012

Sto Lat...Sto Lat... Happy Birthday Celebrations

Born in 1956....and we turn "56" this year!

June 25, 2012
Sto Lat....to Jackie (me :))
I was traveling from Washington D. C. to Frankfurt, Germany and then onto Warsaw for a good part of my birthday...June 25, 2012.

I was greeted by Mark at the airport with flowers, hugs, and kisses!
It was so wonderful to be together again.

After getting cleaned up...we went to a restaurant we have enjoyed before...
It was a cool evening...but in the spring/summer season the Zielnik has tables outside, and since I hadn't eaten outside in Poland for a while...I wanted to on my birthday.
We ate under one of these canopies...right across from a very green park.
Our food was delicious...but being together and on my birthday was especially a wonderful feeling!

My birthday gift....a wonderful month long trip to the US and now back home in Warsaw...simply fantastic!

17 days later....July 12, 2012
Sto Lat to Mark!

Mark worked a normal day....but I had made some raspberry bars (a new experiment) for Mark to take to the office and share with others.  These treats were so delicious! 
Mark loves....loves raspberries...so it was especially fun to try something new and to share with him and his co-workers!

I met Mark after his work (early...5pm) and we went to eat at a restaurant II Patio in the mall.  We tried eating on the balcony outside...but it started to rain so opted for a window view inside.
Mark ordered salmon and grilled vegetables and I ordered a delicious Caesar salad w/shrimp.
While waiting...Mark received a few gifts...an odometer and light for his bike, and a Polish pottery mug and spoon for the hot chocolate he LOVES to drink!
We went to the Kino (cinema) next door to the restaurant, and saw the new Spiderman movie.  We enjoyed it :)

We enjoyed our tram ride home and then a cool evening walk to our home...Last weekend when I saw the weather forecast...I was excited to see that on Mark's birthday we would also be celebrating lower temps and humidity in Warsaw....happy day!

With "Spiderman" on our minds after we got home, we opened up our doors for some fresh air...and Mark said..."Wow! Look at this big spider".  Outside our terrace door....there is a huge spider creating a web.
...the pictures show how really big it was!
We had a great evening celebrating Mark's birthday...
I love it when he finally (after 17 days) is the same age as me :)

So our summer celebrations and anniversaries have come to an end...and we look forward to having a great year together!

Sto lat....to us!
The song sung on birthdays and name days (a day actually more important than one's birthday) is "Sto Lat"....In English it generally means:

A hundred years, a hundred years,
May he (she) live, live with us.
A hundred years, a hundred years,
May he live, live with us.
Once again, once again, may he live, live with us,
May he live with us!

Sto lat, sto lat,
Niech żyje, żyje nam.
Sto lat, sto lat,
Niech żyje, żyje nam,
Jeszcze raz, jeszcze raz, niech żyje, żyje nam,
Niech żyje nam!



No comments:

Post a Comment