Monday, January 23, 2012

It's Winter in Warsaw

For the past 10 days, we have had snow daily! 
Winter has finally arrived in Poland! 
 I have not experienced snow like this since living in Utah...
going to BYU and teaching....that was a very long time ago!
śnieg jest zimny, ale naprawdę piękny! 
The snow is cold, but really beautiful! 
I told my Polish instructor I have a blog and she said it would be a good place
to practice writing in Polish :)
 Last week, I had some walking errands and since I try to walk daily...I decided it would be fun to see what our neighborhood looked like...the above picture shows the bottom of the steps we climb...
....and here is the park at the top of the stairs...with the US Ambassador's home in the background.
Notice there are no clear walkways through the park! 
When we went to an outdoor market on the north side of Warsaw, Mark surprised me with
a bouquet of white tulips.
I absolutely love white tulips!   White tulips in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment