Saturday, June 11, 2011

We Arrive in Poland!

We are flying over Poland and are within 5-10min. of landing. The biggest difference I saw now compared to last February is how green the country is....it's spring and approaching summer.
We arrived with all of our luggage! We were pleased and thrilled actually since the last time Mark made a trip to Texas and back...all of his luggage was lost (recovered eventually). Our relocators met us and drove us to our new home...
We are home! What a remarkable feeling to finally be together in one place after 4 months of separation.
Our address in Warsaw.... Poland: ul. Cisowa 9A....
We dropped our bags off and our relocators (Kasia and Darek) took us to a grocery store before Saturday night was coming to a close. I was thankful for their input...a lot of items are recognizable even when printed in Polish...but others take some work to understand.


We buy bottled water since we are encouraged not to drink it...even the Polish don't drink the water. We bought all kinds of food...more than I expected for our first trip to the store..hoping I can put my mind in gear and remember how to cook for "2" since we have both been going solo for 4 months.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're blogging about your adventures. Now I won't miss you so much! Sounds like you are settling in. I look forward to the next update!

    ReplyDelete