Sunday, June 12, 2011

Our First Sunday in Poland



We belong to the Warsaw II Branch and it begins at 10am. We leave our home by 9:10am and walk, climb 120 steps uphill, catch a Metro, then walk a block more. We are definitely going to be hungry after each Sunday service...we will be burning calories to and from church for sure!


The walk was beautiful... green, quiet, a little bit of sun and nice cool breezes. Mark is ready to make the climb up the first 82 steps...I soon follow behind and I actually did quite well.
Notice my foot attire...decided I wasn't going to wear my Sunday shoes while walking...Mark brought a backpack and I had a change of shoes inside. I felt like a city girl...just walking to church.
We have arrived...from door to door it took only 25 min.! We do not have a church building/chapel...there is only one in all of Poland and that is in another part of Warsaw. We arrived on time and were able to meet a lot of people. Our meetings were great and whether the speakers spoke in English or Polish a wonderful spirit was felt.

We make the same walking journey home. Near our home is the residence of the American Ambassador...you can see the American flag in the upper left hand corner above. This home is a 5-10 min. walk from our home...we live in a pretty neighborhood. We feel so blessed.


1 comment:

  1. Yes! You made it. I hope the weather is always nice for walking to church.

    ReplyDelete