Sunday, June 30, 2013

Treasure June Days…Anniversary and Birthday Time


June 14, 2013
Happy 33rd Anniversary to us….in Warsaw!
Our anniversary was on a Friday night, but instead of spending it just by ourselves, we attended another "good bye" gathering for some of the Marathon employees here in Warsaw. 

Since Marathon officially announced they would be leaving Warsaw…the good bye parties are a little more frequent. They are nice gatherings…but a little sad at the same time.

Here are two of Mark's accounting team workers …. Grzegorz (center) and Daniel (far right) who would soon be leaving Marathon and working elsewhere.
The drilling manager…Don and his family left for Houston. Don is wearing a traditional Polish mining uniform. He and Carl (the general manager) were the first two Marathon employees who moved to Poland.
Mark is roasting Grzegorz….sharing humorous observations about him and wishing him
the very best in his new job.
It has been a delight to get to know Mark's team and the other workers at Marathon. Though it is not fun to say goodbye to them. 


June 25, 2013
Happy Birthday to Me…Sto Lat!

Over the years, I am usually by myself for a good part of my birthday….but not this year. This year...I celebrated my birthday with my sister Rebecca and niece Becca who were visiting us for a month!

We spent the morning visiting popular sights of Warsaw while on a Warsaw City Tour. Two years ago Mark and I had taken this tour…and since we have lived in Warsaw for over 2 years, I have wanted to take the tour again… my birthday was a perfect day to see... some of my most favorite parts of this beautiful city.

Stare Miasto (Old Town)


Royal Łazienki Park
It was a rainy morning as the tour began….
but we still enjoyed seeing the Chopin Monument
The big umbrellas helped to keep us dry….
Across from the Palace on the Island….is this great statue…with a real peacock posting atop
The park was lovely even on a cloudy day….I enjoyed sharing it with my Rebeccas!
We toured the Jewish monument areas and a monument honoring 
the participants in the Warsaw Uprising

The Rynek (Town Square) is one of my favorite spots in Warsaw
The mermaid is one of Warsaw's most popular symbols
We had lunch at a traditional Polish restaurant on Nowy Swiat…
I always love when we can eat outside!
I took Rebecca and Becca to one of my favorite Polish pottery shops in Warsaw…Kim's (only a 10 minute drive from my home)!
We both purchased Polish pottery gifts for me!
It is always fun to leave Kim's with some pottery!
Thank you Rebecca and Mark for my birthday treasures! 
I have already enjoyed
using them. 
I love birthday celebrations…it was a wonderful day spending time around Warsaw with Rebecca and Becca. Though Mark worked all day... we enjoyed being together in the evening. He even ordered dinner for all of us to enjoy at home. 
I had another lovely birthday to remember on this day in Warsaw, Poland.
June has truly been a month to treasure this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment