Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Saying Goodbyes….to Special People

Saying "good-bye" is not an easy experience for me….especially when I have come to appreciate and enjoy people that have enriched my life. 

During the week of March 10-16, Mark and I said "good-byes" twice.

For two months I have had a second Polish teacher while my regular teacher was on medical leave.  Ewa has been a great teacher and I will miss our weekly conversations.

In the beginning I was a bit nervous about having another person listen to my attempts to speak Polish. But after our first session, with compliments, encouragement and advise, I knew I would have a good experience being tutored and taught by this teacher as well. 

Ewa was very kind to work me into her already full and busy schedule. I appreciated when she shared with me places, events and experiences in Poland that she thought I might enjoy.  She encouraged me to speak more because she said I understood much more than I gave my self credit for knowing.  She even said her English was improving when she worked with me and she really liked listening to me speak in English!
I told Mark…I am so happy that my teacher Ula is able to return to work and begin working with me again. I love my conversations and lessons with Ula.  But….I will miss Ewa.  One teacher is not better than the other…just different. It is like having two special friends….I enjoy and appreciate them both.

Thank you to Ewa for two months of teaching and helping me learn the Polish language!


Mark's co-worker Brandon leaves Warsaw for a new assignment…

For 15 months Mark has had a great co-worker from Houston helping on the accounting team in Warsaw.  Brandon provided a great amount of support for Mark…providing skills, knowledge and experience in working in a field office. 

Brandon was a very positive person and brought a positive influence to Mark's team and all of the office in Warsaw.  I especially appreciated all the help and support he gave to Mark.  I was fortunate to get to know Brandon, as Mark and I occasionally enjoyed dinners with him. 
Marathon Oil Polska said goodbye to four employees in the Warsaw office who were receiving new assignments.  There was a farewell dinner in their honor at the Hard Rock Cafe which is next to their office.   At the dinner, the Warsaw Accounting Team got together for a photo….(LtoR) Agnieszka, Daniel, Grzegorz, Brandon, Arek, and Mark.
"Good-byes" do not mean our lives will never cross again….but I do know our day-to-day and weekly associations will not be the same.

I will miss Ewa, and Mark and I will miss Brandon.  We have been blessed to have them in our lives while living and working here in Poland.

Do zobaczenia i Wszystkiego Najlepszego !
(See you later and All the Best to you)

No comments:

Post a Comment