Sunday, January 13, 2013

Wintry Warsaw….December 2012

The week before Christmas, quietly throughout a single night, a wintry blanket descended on Warsaw! 
 It was so beautiful…the only previous snow this winter was the last Saturday in October….and that seemed a little early.
Now it was December…and the snow and cold were timely. 
Polish people have often suggested to me to try to be outside a little bit each day during the winter….and so I do.

Leaving my house and turning the corner, this is the view I see….
….and I am hoping the 80+ stairs I have to climb are cleared of snow and dusted with sand.

As I climb the stairs…I love seeing the snow clinging to the bushes….
….and covering this park….
....that is a great place for people to go sledding.
(Stay tuned for a future blog about sledding.)

 Walking toward the tram, the U.S. Ambassador's home is in front of me….with an open field of white in the foreground.
 Returning home from errands, my Polish lesson, or working at the Family History Center….I cross the same field of white in the opposite direction, before descending the stairs into our neighborhood.  When this picture was taken it was getting dark by 3:15pm!

There were a few very cold mornings after returning to Warsaw in December.  I think this was the morning when the temp was 9F when Mark left for work….just a little nippy!  But by wearing layers and bundling up we do just great!
The one LDS chapel in all of Poland.
Wintry Warsaw….so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment