Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Our Move to Poland begins...

Mark and I celebrated our 30th anniversary in June 2010...little did we know the adventure that would soon be ours...3 months later.

Our adventure...moving to Poland began last fall...September 2010 when Mark was asked to become Marathon Oil's F&A manager in the new Poland office.

Our plan...Mark begins work in Warsaw in Feb. 2011 check

I travel to Poland for an advance trip and check
hopefully find a home.

I return to Houston, pack and sell our home, in the process
finish the school year and return to Poland in June. 1 month to go


We travel Business Class ...ready for our first trip together.
An 11+ hour flight with a short stop in Germany.

We are in Poland! We spend days shopping, learning
asking questions, eating and looking for a home.

My first Polish friend...and relocator Kasia! She was so good to Mark and I. Here she is with us at the grocery store...we are learning to recognize names, products and buying a few things ....I even found some Polish M&M's!Mark is holding up a carton of milk...we will
soon be buying milk the Polish way...not
refrigerated!

2 comments:

  1. I love Love Love Mark's hat in those pics. This is a nice way to let us share a little in your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to link this to my blog- we will be checking in often. (I'm glad you had help- I wasn't sure that I had enough experience to be of assistance.) Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete