Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Valentine's Day in Warsaw…2014

Happy Valentines' Day in Warsaw…2014

I do enjoy surprises….
Mark called home early Thursday morning (the day before Valentine's Day) and said that our landlord Pan Jakusik was going to have something delivered to our home at about 10am.

Promptly at 10am a delivery man came to our gate with a bouquet…I thought to myself "our landlord is being so generous!" I asked the delivery man (in Polish) who the gift was from…he said, "Mark Pickett". I smiled and said, (My husband ?…all in Polish). The delivery man smiled!

The bouquet was an "Owocowe Bukiety"….. a Fruit Bouquet!
It was beautiful!
I put the bouquet away in our basement refrigerator and waited until Mark came home before we enjoyed the delicious fruits…strawberries, red seedless grapes, pineapples and chocolate covered strawberries!
When Mark came home he also brought me a beautiful bouquet of my favorite flowers…white tulips!
I loved receiving these Valentine surprises….

….not expecting anything on the day before Valentines Day!

On Valentine's Day/evening we went to the light show at the Wilanow Palace.  Entering the path to the palace grounds….
….we soon came to the Wilanow Palace.
On this evening, a special light show was shown on and across the walls of the palace while beautiful music played for about 5-7 minutes.
In the garden area, just to the left of the palace was labyrinth of many lights.
Creative light sculptures…reminding me a little of Disney creations.
For a while…I thought I was in Alice's Wonderland...
"I spy….Mark"
Not sure what the "K" or the "A" stood for...
We saw time clocks and tea kettles….
….toadstools and mushrooms.
Below, I'm silhouetted in front of the tea kettle.
This looks like a large golf ball…but is really a round piece of candy.
Symbols from playing cards….
It didn't take us long to go through the maze…but it was still a unique walk
Just to the right side of the palace was a small cafe...
We treated ourselves to Polish desserts...
a beautiful display…we chose
Szarlotka (apple pie)…and we ordered only one piece but the workers kindly split it between two plates

Mark likes dark hot chocolate and ordered some.  It ended up being the very thick type of melted and warmed chocolate, not his favorite.  Below he is letting it pour off a spoon to demonstrate how thick it is.
But he did get to wrap his hands around the glass and warm them!

I opted for just slowly enjoying my apple dessert
Exiting the Wilanow Palace grounds….we had enjoyed our simple night out and were glad we could  come see a festive area on Valentine's evening.
Happy Valentine's Day….
….to us!






No comments:

Post a Comment