Thursday, March 8, 2012

Szczęśliwy Dzień Kobiet (Happy Women's Day)


 Mark came home from work today with tulips and two small bags of M&M's...for me!
Two of my favorite things! 
Why?

 Today is International Women's Day (Szczęśliwy Dzień Kobiet) in Poland! 
It is a BIG deal here...and I think it is a lovely idea!

Women of all ages are honored....young/old, single/married, those with children and not...little girls and grandmas....women are honored, appreciated and remembered. 
I was so happy to hear at Mark's office, the women there were given each potted plants and then some sweet treats later in the day. 

While walking to and from my Polish lesson today, I saw flower vendors in many locations. 
People do sell flowers often ...but today...there were many more selling and buying beautiful spring-like flowers!




I'm so lucky to know so many wonderful women in my life...both in the United States and here in Poland! My life is richer because of so many talented, strong, faithful women that I have come to know and treasure!
As my friend from England would say..."such a brilliant idea"...Women's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment