Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Walk in the Kabaty Forest


For a number of weeks, I have walked each Wednesday  in the Kabaty Forest with a group of women from IWG, the International Womens' Group.  We walk for an hour using nordic poles.  It has been so interesting and beautiful to see how the forest has changed each week.

I have wanted to show Mark where we walk each week, and so this past Saturday, Mark, myself and two of Mark's co-workers walked for about 2 hours in the Kabaty forest.


The forest floor is now almost completely covered with fallen leaves...and today we were treated with leaves constantly falling...almost like specks of golden glitter falling around us.  If you look closely you will see the falling leaves in the picture below.  The yellow spot on my waist is actually a leaf falling between me and the camera.
I was able to guide our little group through the forest and not get lost...so glad I remembered where the signs were!
On the outskirts of the forest we saw some farmland and these farmers were handpicking cabbage....a whole truckload!
We also found a marker in the middle of the forest...since Poland just celebrated "All Saints' Day" we knew this must have been some kind of a memorial for someone.
There is a large grocery and department store (like a Super Target) next to the forest...they too have their Christmas decor, displays and merchandise starting to grow. My attention was drawn to this pile of sleds at the end of one aisle...something that we just do not see in Texas or California!


Our days in Warsaw are quite cold now...our highs are only in the high 30's and low 40's .... we wear layers like onions and yet we are doing okay...Our biggest challenge now is getting used to the dark coming by 4:15 pm each afternoon! We are ever more grateful for sunshine, blue skies and light!

1 comment:

  1. Looks amazing! I wouldn't do well with that much night time though. I love my sunlight!

    ReplyDelete